- Urad dal 1/2 cup
- Dry red chillis 5 to 7 as per spiciness you wish you can adjust( add kashmiri chilli to increase color)
- Garlic 10 to 15
- Salt as required
- Hing 1/4tsp
- Oil 1tsp
- Take a pan and put the dal and dry chillis and saute till they are golden brown and add hing.
- Remove the content to a plate and let it cool.
- Meanwhile add a tsp oil to a pan and saute the garlic till turns crispy.
- Now take a mixer jar and add garlic and roast dal and chilli and along with it add salt and grind it to a slightly corse powder.
- Now you can serve the podi with idly or dosa.