Simple evening snack when sudden guests arrive..
- Rava or sooji 1 cup
- Water 1 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Food color (optional)
- Cardamom powder
- Take a pan add some 3 tsp of ghee and add the sooji and roast it till the good aroma of sooji comes.
- Take the roasted sooji in a plate and keep aside
- Now add 11/2 cups of water and bring it to boil and the add sooji little by little stiring it so no lumps form.
- Then stir it till the water absorbs and then add sugar little by little and stir it . The rava turns a little liquidy because of sugar and then thickens and rolls off from the pan and becomes non sticky and at this consistency add the food color( a pinch of food color powder in a cup and add some water and mix it) and mix the kesari well so the color blends all over and turn off the stove.
- Now fry some cashews in 3tsp ghee and add this roasted cashews into the kesari and mix it well.
- Finally add some ghee over it amd spread it. This gives good smell amd shine to the kesari.
- Ready to serve…
HAVE A GOOD DAY